Pokémon Global Station
Welcome to Pokémon Global Station! Due to some new changes in our site, we have moved to Parukia! Please visit "http://www.forums.parukia.net/" to join our community!

- Thanks! -
- Parukia Staff -
Pokémon Global Station
Welcome to Pokémon Global Station! Due to some new changes in our site, we have moved to Parukia! Please visit "http://www.forums.parukia.net/" to join our community!

- Thanks! -
- Parukia Staff -
Pokémon Global Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Pokémon forum for the whole world!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Pokemon of The Week
- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - 2ng7ukn
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 188 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:37 pm
Clock
Pacific Time Mountain Time Central Time Eastern Time
Latest topics
» good bye pokemon global station we will miss you
- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 4:28 pm by ShadowBlade

» Crack Engineering Software
- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 11:15 pm by read2

» Fire battle
- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 2:30 pm by hussainarakkal

» Competitive Pokemon Fanatics
- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:51 pm by iFlysmn

» My mkwii friend code is 4865-7434-5981
- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:47 pm by Eric x3 xD

» New year's resolutions?
- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:24 am by J-pop princess

» Fullbringers! The all dragon clan! Is finally started!
- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:22 am by J-pop princess

» Adventure Time Roleplay
- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:42 pm by Eric x3 xD

» My accomplishments here!
- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:29 am by J-pop princess

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Eric x3 xD
- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - I_vote_lcap- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - I_voting_bar- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - I_vote_rcap 
jamester13
- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - I_vote_lcap- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - I_voting_bar- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - I_vote_rcap 
ShadowBlade
Blaze The Meowth
J-pop princess
HeartTheNinjaPokemonMaste
White Ranger
Moderfokingbaws
Feathertalon
Dragon Lorde-Silver

- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - -

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Feathertalon
Feathertalon

Poké Points : 423115

- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - Empty
PostSubject: - - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - -   - - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:36 pm

Yup, it's true; role-playing requires rules just like anything else. uwu

First off, all the main rules are to be followed, no exceptions. Those rules were made for a reason and they should always be followed no matter what you are doing on these forums. If you have some trouble finding the main rules, here's you a little link -- [ https://pokemonglobalstation.forumotion.com/t6-pokemon-global-station-rules ]

Now for the rules of role-play! c8

Activity -- Activity is an important part of any role-play that you join in. If you joined it, you made a promise to participate in the plot and keep the page alive. It's understandable if you can't get on every single day, we all have lives outside the internet, right? To some extent we all do - school, work, etc. It would, however, be nice if you could log on about three or more days a week.

Literacy -- When role-playing, there should be absolutely no 'text talk'. An example would be something like this - As the girl sat down @ the table, she 8 2 slices of bread. Your post should actually be something like this - As the girl sat down at the table, she ate two slices of bread. See, typing out the entire word makes it easier to decipher the meaning. Also, if you can, make all role-playing posts include more than just one sentence, that way you can make your characters come to life, and trust me, the more detail in a post, the easier it is to reply back to it. Need an example of a detailed role-play sample? I'll dig up one of my old posts from a warrior cat role-play I'm involved in. c:

-- [ The song of a lone coyote echoed through the whispering trees, the melody reaching out across the moors and dashing throughout the land of TigerClan territory. The song could leave a chill against any warrior's spine as a coyote - alone or not - could be quite a threat to any patrol of well muscled warriors. In a way, the simple soprano that rang out was heralding the coming twilight as the night began to slowly drip its fingers against the sky, blocking out the sun's once glorious rays and pushing the light away from the earth itself. It was time for the night, the stars and the moon, to reign. It was time for the creatures of the night to come out and play.
Even with night so close, pushing away the borders of day, the sun was still fighting, its dying rays of golden orange and blood red still dappling the land as the ghostly song of the canine slowly faded away into nothing more than a simple sound that would be no more. The land was in a delicate part of the day, the shift from day to night, and night was winning, yet the day was still holding tight to its reign over the stretching heavens.
A chilly breeze galloped through the air like a newborn colt testing out his new legs. It was growing colder ever night, and with the cold weather came unbearable sickness and even death in the worst circumstances. Last winter was a very harsh one indeed, leaving the ranks of TigerClan on the brink of no existence, but when the warm weather sprung up once more, the Clan generated into something bigger, something that could survive another night, and the Clan was still growing, becoming stronger little by little. It would soon be as mighty as anything - a Clan that the forest would be proud to harbor.
The Clan that called this land their home was still out and about, as awake as ever. Warriors were busy getting ready for night patrols or just coming back from their own patrols, while some of the others were sharing tongues or play fighting with moss balls near the den of their choice. It was a normal twilight for the Clan that was named after the glorious leader Tigerstar - glorious was used by these cats as they saw nothing wrong with his ways, and most of these cats now did not know of the dark tabby's murderous ways as those secrets had been locked away ever since the creation of this mighty Clan.
In the midst of the daily activities, an aging she-cat with thick black and white fur stepped out of her den, her large amber eyes scanning the camp for a cat in particular, but when she could not see the feline she sought for, the female simply huffed and turned, her paws pushing against the ground in an attempt to keep her footing. It was obvious that the old she-cat was strained and tired, even if she didn't have much to do in a day. Old age came with a price, and that price was loosing just about everything that made a warrior happy, and this she-cat was not just any warrior - she was the once noble leader known as Sorrelstar.
With a grunt here and a puff there, the elder aged she-cat pawed her way up upon one of the tree stumps that allowed her to look over her Clan with watchful eyes. Throwing back her head, the old she-cat parted her maw and with a raspy yowled called out, "All cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the eyes of StarClan for a Clan meeting!" Though her voice was crusty and old, it still rung out through the shadowy hollow, and with her amber eyes, she could make out just a few of her warriors - the medicine cat, Gingerlily, her deputy, Hickoryburn, even Owlwatcher and Weatherpaw. Just a few more cats and she would get this meeting started.
] --

There ya go. :>

Gender Ratio -- Alright, yeah, odd rule, I know, but it counts in the long run, trust me. If you want your character to find some romance, wouldn't it be nice to have male characters? Wouldn't it be nice to have female characters? In any role-play, keeping the genders even will make romance a lot easier to come by, and there will be a lot less hurt feelings, understood? Understood. :3

Detail -- Oh yes, detail is nice, very nice indeed, but please, don't take it over the top. Explicit gore, explicit romance, stuff such as that, keep to a minimum. Yes, there can be blood and romance from time to time, but if there is ever a need for it to turn into something over PG-13, then use my trusty friends known as 'Skip' and 'Fade out - fade in'. Trust me, they come in handy.

Perfect Characters -- Have you ever heard the term of 'Mary-sue' and 'Gary-stu'? If so, you probably know that characters called that aren't very tolerable in many cases. With that being said, no 'perfect' characters are allowed. All characters must have flaws just like real beings do.

God-modding, Power-playing, and Spotlighting -- Let's be blunt about this to get it over with. Your character isn't the strongest, fastest, etc, person in the role-play, and you can't have your character killing/injuring other characters unless you have permission. You can't control another person's character unless you have specific reasons from that character's role-player to do so. You also can't have your character(s) as the center of attention all the time. Role-playing is a group activity, give everybody some room for their own character. :>

Well, I believe I've covered most of everything. :3 If there are any questions, concerns, or even comments, don't be afraid to speak your mind! And don't forget, have fun with your role-playing experience<3
Back to top Go down
ShadowBlade
Administrator
Administrator
ShadowBlade

Poké Points : 452369

PostSubject: Role playing   - - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Thanks for the rules! Now time to start a story! Smile So I'm guessing you know Eric?
Back to top Go down
Eric x3 xD
Administrator
Administrator
Eric x3 xD

Poké Points : 488726

PostSubject: Re: - - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - -   - - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Thanks for the post on role playing Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokemonglobalstation.forumtion.com
Feathertalon
Feathertalon

Poké Points : 423115

PostSubject: Re: - - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - -   - - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Black Ranger wrote:
Thanks for the rules! Now time to start a story! Smile So I'm guessing you know Eric?

Haha, no problem! And good luck with it, I'll check it out!
I do know him actually. :> He's my real life buddy. xD
Back to top Go down
White Ranger
Bronze User
Bronze User
White Ranger

Poké Points : 416702

PostSubject: Thanks Feathertalon   - - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks. Wink
Back to top Go down
ShadowBlade
Administrator
Administrator
ShadowBlade

Poké Points : 452369

PostSubject: Okay xDDDDDDD   - - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Feathertalon wrote:
Black Ranger wrote:

Haha, no problem! And good luck with it, I'll check it out!
I do know him actually. :> He's my real life buddy. xD

Cool. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: - - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - -   - - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - - Empty

Back to top Go down

- - [ Rules of Role-playing ] - -
Page 1 of 1